Answered By: Dana McFarland Last Updated: Apr 10, 2017 Views: 12
During busy times of the semester Google Scholar seems to be interpreting users coming to Google Scholar through the library as bots. If you encounter this problem, try this approach:
- Go to https://scholar.google.ca
- Click on the cog for settings
- Click on "Library Links" in the left menu
- Search for Vancouver Island University and select "Vancouver Island University Libraries - Get it from Library@VIU"
- Save settings and proceed with searching.
For these settings to persist, you will need to be logged into your Google account.